Thursday, October 2, 2008

Resisting Temptation....

Day 25

What a day!!! Let me tell....

Phase I: I had a coffee morning at my home for my son's 4th grade class....12 moms....bringing yummy goodies along with the goodies I prepared.....it didn't phase me at all as I was trying to be the "hostest with the mostest" and just had a minute to nibble...grapes - perfect for my morning snack.

Phase II: Lunch at a friends house....we had been planning for so long to get together....and the stars finally aligned. I took note of my portions and made sure I got my diet satisfied....didn't go for more or less...just perfect! No dessert served....no problem.

Phase III: Neighbors birthday bash....the invite was to come over for coffe, cake and other sweets....OMG....there was carrot cake, cheese cake, chocolate cake, stuffed pastry, quiche, cookies....and....not to mention wine! Everyone was trying everything...mmmmm...I looked at my watch - afternoon tea time - FRUIT!! But there was no fruit!!! So I had a diet coke, nibbled on a couple of nuts, and put just a morsel - just the corner or a piece - of fudge on my tongue to taste (I love her fudge....to put it in perspective...on a normal day....I'd have eaten atleast 5 full pieces - or more!!) and spent the rest of the time socializing.....so proud of myself....until ofcourse I came home, read my e-mail and realized I could have had my indulgence....silly me....I may have to ask her tomorrow if there is more fudge....or maybe cheesecake....or else I may go for a walk down to Motomachi for a carmel frappaccino with whip cream....better check on the calories first!

So, that was my day....feeling so good about resisting temptation...but ofcourse......after being around food all day, I came home and didn't feel like cooking so made the entire family eat eggs and apples for dinner :)....oh....but I did let the boys have their jam sandwiches!!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

A Grande Caramel-Frappucino with whipped cream comes in at 380 calories. Hold the whip and you're down to 270, leaving you enough for a small piece of something.

You may be surprised by the results however!

Munisha said...

thanks....will let you know what happens!