Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Indulgence Ticket": USED!


Day 30

WOW....1/3 of the way through!!!....Has it really been a month since I got into the PCP without even really knowing what it was?!?!?!? And would I have said yes if I knew?!?!?!

Ok, so in celebration of hitting another 10 day milestone, I decided to make use of my "indulgence pass" from Patrick (well, I also was afraid my grace period would be over at some point and the indulgence "ticket" may expire!). SO...I headed down to Motomachi for some therapy shopping (not sure for what - just needed to spend some cash!)...and right into Starbucks and ordered my Tall Carmel Frappuccino without any guilt :). Their description: A decadent treat of buttery caramel combined with Starbucks® coffees and milk, blended with ice, topped with whipped cream and a swirl of caramel sauce. How could I not?

Okay, enough already....here's the damage:



Serving Size 12 fl. oz.






Amt Per Serving





Calories 300





Fat Calories 100





Total Fat (g) 11





Saturated Fat (g) 7





Trans Fat (g) 0





Cholesterol (mg) 40





Sodium (mg) 190





Total Carbohydrates (g) 46





Fiber (g) 0





Sugars (g) 39





Protein (g) 4





Vitamin A 8%





Vitamin C 0%





Calcium 15%





Iron 0%





Caffeine (mg) 85


Did you see the amount of fat, sodium and sugar?!?!? OMG!

SO, yes, I satisfied my craving...but guess what? I felt it becoming a bit too sweet 2/3 of the way through and by the end of the glass, I had so much sugar in my system that I felt like I was going to puke.....I did have a question about that - if I did throw up....could I indulge in something else instead? :)) ha ha...just kidding!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Ha! I like the way you think! But sadly even after a good vomit your system will have absorbed a lot of that salt and sugar.

The sodium surprised me too. What's a bunch of salt doing in a frappaccino?