Monday, October 20, 2008

Peeling Eggs

Day 43

Does anyone have tips on how to peel boiled eggs? I ended up throwing away 4 eggs because by the time I was done with them....no egg "white" left!! I've tried the salt - works sometimes, but mostly not. I need a fool-proof method. I am so tired of eating crunchy eggs! Especially when I'm having 4 a day. Tonight for dinner I just gave up and made a yummy 2 egg white omelete with cilantro and chillies...and then had to cut it in half to split between dinner and snack. I am happy with my food amounts. Still more than I'm used to eating, but manageable.

Seeing as it's "leg week" this week, I'm predicting that the babies toys are going to be all over the place....I can't imagine picking them everytime he empties his toy boxes....it hurts to bend! You know, that "good hurt". Looking forward to the morning....when I'm really going to feel it. Good night!

4 comments:

Patrick said...

1. Add a teaspoon of baking soda into the boiling water.

2. Only boil for 10 minutes, not longer.

3. After 10 minutes, you have two options,
a) keep the eggs in the water until it cools down (1 hour)
b) immediately put the eggs in cold water.

This will encourage the eggs to separate from the white.

If you're hardcore, check this link out!

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/07/02/how-to-peel-hard-boiled-eggs-without-peeling/

Amy said...

definitely the cold water trick works for me. Never tried the baking soda but it makes sense, chemistry-wise.

maki said...

Mine were a success this evening. Instead of running under the tap to cool them down, after I boiled the eggs, I put them immediately into a tub full of cold water. That seems to do the trick - well, at least for tonight's batch!

Munisha said...

thanks everyone....for the past couple of days I've been making a yummy spicy egg white omelete and then cutting it into 3rds for the day. will go back into boiling eggs when I feel brave :)