Monday, October 27, 2008

My day in Shimoda

Day 49

Ok.....now that I'm in the midst of PCP, going away for the day is so much thinking and preparation....even more than the baby! I took along 12 boiled eggs - enough for the 2 days plus some for the kids/hubby. And loaded up the bag with lots of fruits and veggies....very different from the usual cookies and crackers. OH - finished the jumps in the a.m. - loved the change in jumps, but I do need to get a timer.....totally annoying to watch the oven clock while jumping!

Food went allright, except we stayed in a ryokan and dinner was a full fancy Japanese seafood spread. Good news....I don't really like Japanese food and seafood in particular, so not much of a temptation. Bad news....I didn't follow my PCP dinner diet (the boiled egg looked so sad in front of the beautiful presentation in front of me!). I didn't do too bad though, I ate some sashimi, some cooked fish and a bunch of veggies. Those were tasty!

My first time in an onsen....interesting....so many rituals and processes to follow! Totally relaxing....but I had Jaiden (older boys with Daddy in the men's) with me so I couldn't relax to full potential - luckily they had a baby tub and some toys for him because the onsen water was too hot. There were 3 tubs....the ones outside were on a cliff and beautiful, but I couldn't go out there because the baby would be too cold. It was nice....but my first time and a bit odd being nude. In my mind I know I'm not "there yet" on PCP to be walking around in public without clothes (don't know if I'd ever be comfortable with that)....but hey, with a bunch of women I don't know....no problem. It was nice, and definitely an experience.

No phone....no T.V....no computer.....not much civilization....the countryside....the beach....my hubby and my sons....I was in heaven.

No comments: