Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halfway up this hill!

DAY 45!!!!!

Well....I had been waiting for this day. I love halfway points....you know....until you remember you still have another half to go! I actually can't believe that it's already been 45 days. Seems like just yesterday we met Patrick in that cafe and had to make a quick decision based on very little information on whether we were "in" or "out". Glad to say I went with "in" (no peer pressure....just seemed like fun!) and I feel great right now. I don't know if there is other time in my life that I had thought about something every day....well, being pregnant the three times were probably the only other times but even then there were days you kind of forgot. No forgetting here.

I'm really amazed by myself and my fellow "Hama Mama's". I just think we have so much against us going through this program.....kids and their meals and snacks.....hubby's who are mostly gone and when they are here they want to party (AKA drink and eat)....and the social scene here for us ex-pat wives (coffee mornings, lunch dates, girls nights outs, hanging at the club). So although I think we are swimming against the tide....thanks Corry for coaching.....I know we are feeling and looking better! Can't wait to see what the next 45 days will bring. We're just halfway up this hill.....

(ok, so I seriously thought there should have been an indulgence at this point....sort of a celebration....but with none, it feels a bit anticlimactic....PCP flaw?!?!? Just kidding Patrick, I'm sure you have your reasons :))

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Indulgence two will be rolling in soon, don't worry!