Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just not into it today

Day 53

I'm not sure what's happening, but suddenly I'm not feeling too many more changes in my body or in my clothes. Feels dissapointing......I thought this is when all the "big" changes would happen. I'm also not feeling like eating much of anything, although I am trying to get my meals down. I must be in some kind of rut with the food. Also, this is a tough week with the kids out of school.....kind of throws off my usual routine of waking up early and feeling rushed to get exercises done before they go off to school....or even before they come back at 3pm. I'm leaving it until evening and then feeling a bit exhausted from the day. OH, I just realized.....I'm also without car this week.....and today was a tough day with taxi trips all over town with the baby too.....I think I spent about $50 on taxi's today!!!! Looking forward to tomorrow and a new day......

3 comments:

maki said...

Oh, I share the same feelings. It's so hard to get started recently and I don't see much changes recently too which is draining my energy. Having the children full time is tough enough too! Hopefully we will have a better week next week. Chin up and have a great weekend.

Patrick said...

Your bodies will change in jumps and starts, followed by plateaus. It won't be a smooth curve. I've seen it with every PCPer. They'll flatline for a week or two, and then suddenly drop 2 kilos in a week.

Your body is a mind-blowingly complicated system of tissue, hormones, fluids, and nerves. There's just no way to force results on schedule, they come when they want to.

The key to the PCP is that you just keep going, whether you see changes or not.

I think a lot of people hit this point and just give up, when actually these plateau times are when your body is getting ready for some big changes. So keep working out and keep the intensity up. I know it's hard with kids though!

Munisha said...

Yeah, I guess I know all this....but just nice to hear it again :) Maki - glad to hear it's not just me. Thanks for sharing.