Thursday, November 20, 2008

Relax....

Day 74

Well.....I made my last trip to Futamatagawa today....and came back home with my driver's license! FINALLY!!

The afternoon started at 12 noon when I left from home and ended at 5:30 when I got back home. The process was slow....a lot of waiting between steps. At about 3pm, they told us whether we passed or failed and those of us who passed (only 2 out of 5) had to come back at 4pm to finish paperwork. I thought we'd just sit there and wait, but my hubby suggested we go back to the car and wait there. In the car, he took off his shoes, put the seat all the way down and got set up for a nap. He told me to do the same. I tried, but just couldn't get to a point of real relaxation. He was snoring away (not really, but he was definitely asleep) and I was still trying to relax my mind and my body. The driver's test was done, but I just couldn't get over thinking about the kids, the house, the evening, the weekend, next week, etc.. I'm not very good at just napping whereever. On the other hand, my hubby has no problem with it. I am very aware of who is around me too. Sitting in the car in a parking lot is not comfortable for me! But I'm very envious of those who can get to a point of relaxation so quick....in cars, waiting rooms, on the sofa with kids in the room. My dad is like that too. Oh, I wonder.....is it actually a "guy" thing?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations on getting your licence at last. Now you can drive guilt free-what a relief!