Friday, November 14, 2008

Harajuku girls....gotta love 'em

Day 68

I went into Tokyo for a hair appointment today.....in Harajuku.  I love getting out of Yokohama and into Tokyo....(I'm definitely a city girl at heart and miss big city life)....and there's no where like Harajuku.  Makes me think of being back in California and listening to the songs about the Harajuku girls (especially the one by Gwen Stefani) ....well, now I can actually witness the fun!  I love their uniqueness and funkiness!  
So I went for a haircut at Watanabe Hair Salon.....love going there and getting pampered.  The head massage alone was amazing....we don't get those back in the US for just a haircut!  And I love talking to Aki (owner/3rd generation hair stylist) and hearing all about his life while he snips away.  A friend was with me and we had lunch at Fujimama's on Omotesando.....I was very careful - went for the Fuji Sushi Roll (I can't remember the exact name).....I think it was mostly ok, except for maybe the salt content.   Will have to flush out with water, water and more water!

Glad to have a weekend....looking forward to family time :)

No comments: