Monday, November 24, 2008

Can't believe it!

Day 78

First of all I want to apologize to the ladies....and Patrick...for not making it to Monday workout. No babysitter today. Maki - thanks so much for getting all the info to me. I really appreciate it!

So, I'm having a big Kokeshi Doll/Handicraft Sale at my home with a bunch of other ladies, and I suggested everyone bring one or two dishes to share with the guests and each other through out the day. I was racking my head on what to make, and decided to go with something I've come to appreciate......eggs!!!...I decided to make a tray of deviled eggs. I bought 4 trays of 10 eggs each just to be sure I had enough. Well.....here's what happened. The first 10 were a mess and I couldn't peel them at all even with the baking soda in the water. Trash. The second 10 were a mess and I couldn't peel them at all even with the salt in the water. Trash. The third 10 were a mess and I couldn't peel them at all even with the baking soda AND salt in the water. Trash. The fourth 10 I'm keeping for the kids and my meals tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm not making deviled eggs! I'm going with a spinach dip instead. I just can't believe that I've been working with eggs for the past 77 days and today was the day it all failed!!!! Oh well. Back to the drawing board tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Patrick said...

sometimes you just get a batch that doesn't peel well. Just unlucky I guess.