Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Great gimmick!

Day 73

I went to IKEA today.....what a crowd there! Everyone was lining up to buy these "itty bitty" XMAS trees for 1990 yen. It was the first day they were available. I couldn't believe the rush....but then I ran into a Japanese friend, Yuko, and she explained that if you buy the tree....and then bring it back after Chirstmas, IKEA will give you 1990 yen in store credit. WOW....what a gimmick to get people in today and then back again in the new year! It's no wonder that IKEA is doing so well and opening up stores left and right! I mean, hey, we spent a few hours there...as well as a couple of 10000 notes each....but....NO....I didn't buy the tree just to have to bring it back to get a store voucher!!!!!

BTW.....Maki....tried to call you from there....I got the apple slicer for you....hope you still wanted it......

Done jumping while the kids were eating dinner....now I better go finish up.

No comments: