Saturday, September 27, 2008

Friday Funtime

Day 19

So, today I took the baby, Jaiden, to a playgroup at YCAC - Friday Funtime.  Haven't been to one in years since the kids are so far apart....but it was so much fun to socialize with other mommies and watch the kids interact.  I've been thinking that he gets so much interaction at home with having older brothers, but this was good for him (and I had forgotten some of the songs...so a great review for me)!  Will definitely be there on Friday's from now on. 

 I ended up staying  for lunch.  Great idea and really fun, but as always a bit challenging (whether on PCP or not....the Breezeway leaves much to be desired :)).  Well, Maki was with me and we decided to go with a cezar salad with chicken (with lemon, not dressing!)  and add in an extra side of rice for the carbs.  And then....the cutest thing....Maki pulled out her scale weighed the chicken and then brought out some salmon she cooked at home and put some on my plate to make the grams needed!  I didn't even think of doing that.  Thanks Maki!!  It's so fun doing this with you......

1 comment:

maki said...

It was such a fun lunch! Thank you for joining us. I felt bad for my friend that was sitting between us - she felt guilty ordering anything! It motivated her to start exercising though, so that can't be too bad of a influence, right?

We caved in and had lunch - while Jane held out and ate at home! That's commitment! Probably tastier too! Anyway, let's do it again very soon!