Thursday, December 4, 2008

Countdown thoughts - #4 - jump, jump, jump

Day 87

Ok....before I talk about jumping, let me tell you about shoulder exercises....OMG....today was a killer!  We had 4 different exercises with 5 sets each....haven't we been doing these for 3 months? shouldn't they be easy by now?  I guess not - just happy to make it through them  (well, kind of - had to leave off the last exercise - major failure :)

And this leads into my next thought....about jumping.  I never thought that jump ropes were for adults!  I remember sometime in elementary school when we did "jump rope for heart" and we got pledges for the amount of jumps we completed.  I can't remember how many I did, but I sure know it wasn't anywhere near the average 2000 I do these days!  And to think we started with just 250 a day.  I have come to like it, and honestly a day without jumping in the morning changes me....it's been very effective in getting me into shape and a great cardio that I can do in my home at any time.  Love it! 

Oh yeah, do you remember the song "Jump" by Van Halen....so much fun in the bus during elementary school field trips....although I know he didn't mean with a rope :)

The only part that was hard for me was jumping at night if I didn't get to in the morning.  So, lesson learned....wake up early to jump (sounds easier than it is since I'm defnitely NOT a morning person!).

Only 3 more days to go!

No comments: